CAOFC grew so much in 2016 that we need to expand our team! We’re looking for motivated individuals with a passion for writing about film and administration to head our growing organization.
Please see details below and send your resume to email@example.com by Wednesday, April 12, 2017.
Job Title: Associate Director
Start Date: April 2017
Hours: 7 to 10 hours/week
Under the authority and guidance of the Executive Directors, the Associate Director is responsible for the overall management of membership and member services, and for achieving the goals and objectives of the organization.
The Associate Director reports to the Executive Directors.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Degree or diploma in a related field, or relevant experience
Skills and Experience:
- proven management and administrative skills, including financial and human resource management
- passion for, knowledge of, and experience in the areas of film, arts, culture, and multiculturalism
- superior verbal and written communications skills
- strong strategic planning and organizational ability
- good communications skills and presence with the full range of media
- excellent interpersonal skills essential to dealing effectively with a diverse group of interested and influential individuals as well as maintaining staff morale and direction
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- attracting and retaining a membership base
- reviewing and approving/denying new membership applications
- managing membership renewals
- creation and maintenance of member benefits
- managing the promotion of members and member work
- participation in and manage the member Facebook forum
- ensuring all pertinent member-related information is circulated to the Board and/or membership in a timely manner
- overseeing the arrangement of, and formally reporting to, all membership meetings held by the organization
- assisting in establishing policies and procedures in keeping with the overall objectives of the organization
- ensuring adequate record-keeping in all areas of membership operations
- ensuring that all correspondence is handled in an effective and timely manner
- maintaining confidentiality of all internal matters pertaining to the organization and its operations
Marketing, Promotion, and Public Relations
- promoting the objectives of the organization through establishing positive working relationships with employees, volunteers, membership, Board and committees, the public, government departments, other cultural agencies and the media
- acting in a senior public relations role to promote the organization, its goals and objectives at cultural community functions or other events
- organization of monthly member meetings and annual member education events
- management of the organization’s social media strategy and channels
- developing ideas, programs and opportunities which will benefit the membership of the organization
- planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating special projects of benefit to the membership and organization
attracting and retaining a qualified volunteer base for special projects and member-related initiativ
The Canadian Association of Online Film Critics (CAOFC) is an association of online film critics, reporters, commentators, historians, scholars, editors and publishers of film journalism in all Canadian provinces and territories.
Our goal is to support the careers of current and emerging film critics, editors, publishers, and podcasters through fellowship, advocacy, and professional development.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 12, 2017.. Please be advised a strong internal candidate has been identified.